|Nilqgħuk fil-Pjazza tal-Wikipedija, il-post fejn wieħed jista' jiltaqa' u jiddiskuti b'mod ċivili mal-Wikipedjani l-oħra. Hawnhekk tista' ssaqsi mistoqsijiet, tagħmel osservazzjoni jew tgħaddi kummenti u suġġerimenti ġenerali dwar dan il-proġett. Din il-paġna hi ntiża biex fiha jiġu diskussi problemi tekniċi, il-politika u anke l-operat tal-Wikipedija. Jekk għandek xi kummenti jew osservazjoni fuq argument speċifiku, jekk jogħġbok uża l-paġna ta' diskussjoni tal-artiklu partikolari. Żomm ukoll f'moħħok li l-Pjazza la hija forum u lanqas blogg, u għaldaqstant, l-argumenti għandhom ikunu rigward il-Wikipedija u/jew il-proġett in ġenerali.
- 1 Football team
- 2 Commons:Photo_challenge Multilingualism
- 3 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 4 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 5 IMPORTANTI: Reviżjoni tal-attivitajiet tal-amministraturi
- 6 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 7 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 8 Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May
- 9 Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app
- 10 Technical problems here
- 11 New Page previews feature
- 12 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)
- 13 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 14 Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View
- 15 Prototype for editing Wikidata infoboxes on Wikipedia
- 16 RevisionSlider
- 17 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 18 New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata
- 19 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 20 m:Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government
- 21 Accessible editing buttons
- 22 Page Previews (Hovercards) update
Football team[immodifika s-sors]
Commons:Photo_challenge Multilingualism[immodifika s-sors]
Cartelli bilingue? feste di Paese? Eventi culturali seri? Sbizzarritevi: Bilingual plate? Local festivals? Serious cultural events? Be creative:
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[immodifika s-sors]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[immodifika s-sors]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
IMPORTANTI: Reviżjoni tal-attivitajiet tal-amministraturi[immodifika s-sors]
Insellimlek. Fl-2013 il-komunità globali adottat regolament ġdid rigward it-tneħħija ta' "drittijiet avvanzati" (tal-amministraturi, burokrati eċċ. ) Skont dan ir-regolament l-istewards qegħdin jagħmlu reviżjoni tal-attivitajiet tal-amministraturi fuq il-wikijiet li m'għandhomx proċedura formali għat-tneħħija ta' "drittijiet avvanzati" minn kontijiet inattivi. Sa fejn nafu il-wiki tiegħek m'għandux din il-proċedura. Dan ifisser li l-istewards ħa jieħdu l-proċedura f'idejhom skont ir-reviżjoni tal-attività tal-amministraturi.
Iddeċidejna li dawn l-utenti jissodifaw il-kriterji ta' inattività (l-ebda modifika jew azzjoni ta' reġistru għal iżjed minn sentejn)
- Srl (burokrata, amministratur)
Dawn l-utenti ħa jiġu avżati dalwaqt, biex jibdew diskussjoni bejn il-membri tal-komunità, jekk iridu jżommu d-drittijiet li għandhom jew xi wħud minnhom. Jekk ma jwiġbux l-istewards ineħħulhom id-drittijiet avvanzati.
Però, jekk intom bħala komunità tixtiequ toħolqu proċedura għalikom għar-reviżjoni tal-inattività li tissossitwixxi dik globali, jew tridu tieħdu deċiżżjoni differenti dwar dawn l-utenti inattivi li għandhom xi drittijiet jew diġà għandkom proċedura u aħna ma nafux biha, infurmaw l-istewards fuq Meta-Wiki biex inkunu nafu kif nipproċedu bir-reviżjoni tad-drittijiet fuq il-wiki tagħkom. Linedwell (d) 07:09, 16 Marzu 2017 (UTC)
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[immodifika s-sors]
05:09, 18 Marzu 2017 (UTC)
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:37, 7 April 2017 (UTC) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May[immodifika s-sors]
Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app[immodifika s-sors]
Wikidata description editing is a new experiment being rolled out on the Wikipedia app for Android. While this primarily impacts Wikidata, the changes are also addressing a concern about the mobile versions of Wikipedia, so that mobile users will be able to edit directly the descriptions shown under the title of the page and in the search results.
We began by rolling out this feature several weeks ago to a pilot group of Wikipedias (Russian, Hebrew, and Catalan), and have seen very positive results including numerous quality contributions in the form of new and updated descriptions, and a low rate of vandalism.
We are now ready for the next phase of rolling out this feature, which is to enable it in a few days for all Wikipedias except the top ten by usage within the app (i.e. except English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, and Chinese). We will enable the feature for those languages instead at some point in the future, as we closely monitor user engagement with our expanded set of pilot communities. As always, if have any concerns, please reach out to us on wiki at the talk page for this project or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
-DBrant (WMF) 08:41, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
Technical problems here[immodifika s-sors]
I noticed a couple of technical problems here on the Maltese Wikipedia:
1. On category pages, such as Kategorija:Futbol but including any category page where there are pages listed, the header that should say "Paġni fil-kategorija ..." ("Pages in category ...") has some HTML displayed that should not appear there. Instead it is shown as:
- <a name="Pages_in_category" id="Pages_in_category"></a>Paġni fil-kategorija "Futbol"
New Page previews feature[immodifika s-sors]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)[immodifika s-sors]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- American Psychiatric Association – Psychiatry books and journals
- Bloomsbury – Who's Who, Drama Online, Berg Fashion Library, and Whitaker's
- Gaudeamus – Finnish humanities and social sciences
- Ympäristö-lehti – The Finnish Environment Institute's Ympäristö-lehti magazine
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:52, 2 Mejju 2017 (UTC)
19:15, 3 Mejju 2017 (UTC)
Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View[immodifika s-sors]
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:41, 8 Mejju 2017 (UTC)
Prototype for editing Wikidata infoboxes on Wikipedia[immodifika s-sors]
I’m sorry for writing in English. It’d be great if someone could translate this message if necessary.
One of the most requested features for Wikidata is to enable editing of Wikidata’s data directly from Wikipedia, so the editors can continue their workflow without switching websites.
The Wikidata development team has been working on a tool to achieve this goal: fill and edit the Wikipedia infoboxes with information from Wikidata, directly on Wikipedia, via the Visual Editor.
We already asked for feedback in 2015, and collected some interesting ideas which we shared with you in this thesis. Now we would like to present to you our first prototype and collect your feedback, in order to improve and continue the development of this feature.
We present this work to you very early, so we can include your feedback before and all along the development. You are the core users of this feature, so we want to make sure that it fits your needs and editing processes.
You will find the prototype, description of the features, and a demo video, on this page. Feel free to add any comment or feedback on the talk page. The page is currently not translated in every languages, but you can add your contribution by helping to translate it.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to follow all the discussions on Wikipedia, so if you want to be sure that your feedback is read, please add it on the Wikidata page, in your favorite language. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks, Lea Lacroix (WMDE)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:44, 16 Mejju 2017 (UTC)
Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)[immodifika s-sors]
21:08, 16 Mejju 2017 (UTC)
New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata[immodifika s-sors]
(Please help translate to your language)
The Wikidata development team is about to deploy a new feature on all Wikipedias. It is a new type of notification (via Echo, the notification system you see at the top right of your wiki when you are logged in), that will inform the creator of a page, when this page is connected to a Wikidata item.
You may know that Wikidata provides a centralized system for all the interwikilinks. When a new page is created, it should be connected to the corresponding Wikidata item, by modifying this Wikidata item. With this new notification, editors creating pages will be informed when another editor connects this page to Wikidata.
This feature will be deployed on May 30th on all the Wikipedias, excepting English, French and German. This feature will be disable by default for existing editors, and enabled by default for new editors.
This is the first step of the deployments, the Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects will follow in the next months.
If you have any question, suggestion, please let me know by pinging me. You can also follow and leave a comment on the Phabricator ticket.
Thanks go to Matěj Suchánek who developed this feature!
21:05, 23 Mejju 2017 (UTC)
m:Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government[immodifika s-sors]
Hi, you are invited to participate in the discussion on the proposal to make a banner through m: centralnotice to inform more people around the world about what the Turkish government has done about Wikipedia, ie all the language versions of Wikipedia are You are obscured, so in Turkey it is impossible to view the * .wikipedia.org site. To hope that the Turkish government will remove the block, it is necessary to raise awareness of this fact around the world because it is important to succeed in this mission because Wikipedia can not be seen in Turkey. With this message also for those interested, I invite him to sign the Wikimedian appeal.