|Nilqgħuk fil-Pjazza tal-Wikipedija, il-post fejn wieħed jista' jiltaqa' u jiddiskuti b'mod ċivili mal-Wikipedjani l-oħra. Hawnhekk tista' ssaqsi mistoqsijiet, tagħmel osservazzjoni jew tgħaddi kummenti u suġġerimenti ġenerali dwar dan il-proġett. Din il-paġna hi ntiża biex fiha jiġu diskussi problemi tekniċi, il-politika u anke l-operat tal-Wikipedija. Jekk għandek xi kummenti jew osservazjoni fuq argument speċifiku, jekk jogħġbok uża l-paġna ta' diskussjoni tal-artiklu partikolari. Żomm ukoll f'moħħok li l-Pjazza la hija forum u lanqas blogg, u għaldaqstant, l-argumenti għandhom ikunu rigward il-Wikipedija u/jew il-proġett in ġenerali.
- 1 IMPORTANTI: Reviżjoni tal-attivitajiet tal-amministraturi
- 2 [Global proposal] m.Wikipedija.org: (kollha) Jimmodifika paġni
- 3 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2015)
- 4 Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content
- 5 Feedback request: VisualEditor's special character inserter
- 6 SUL finalization update
- 7 VisualEditor coming to this wiki
- 8 VisualEditor now active here
- 9 Stewards confirmation rules
- 10 VisualEditor News #2—2015
- 11 Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections
- 12 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections 2015
- 13 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2015)
- 14 Content Translation beta-feature is now available
- 15 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections 2015
IMPORTANTI: Reviżjoni tal-attivitajiet tal-amministraturi[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Insellmilkom. Fl-2013 il-komunità globali adottat regolament ġdid rigward it-tneħħija ta' "drittijiet avvanzati". Skont dan ir-regolament l-istewards qegħdin jagħmlu reviżjoni tal-attivitajiet tal-amministraturi fuq il-wikijiet li m'għandhomx proċedura formali għat-tneħħija ta' "drittijiet avvanzati" minn kontijiet inattivi. Sa fejn nafu il-wiki tagħkom m'għandux din il-proċedura. Dan ifisser li l-istewards ħa jieħdu l-proċedura f'idejhom skont ir-reviżjoni tal-attività tal-amministraturi.
Iddeċidejna li dan l-utent jissodifa l-kriterji ta' inattività (l-ebda modifika jew azzjoni ta' reġistru għal iżjed minn sentejn)
- Roderick Mallia (burokrata, amministratur)
Dan l-utent ħa jiġi avżat dalwaqt, biex jibdew diskussjoni bejn il-membri tal-komunità, jekk irid iżomm id-drittijiet li għandu jew xi wħud minnhom. Jekk ma jwiġibx l-istewards ineħħulu d-drittijiet avvanzati.
Però, jekk intom bħala komunità tixtiequ toħolqu proċedura għalikom għar-reviżjoni tal-inattività li tissossitwixxi dik globali, jew tridu tieħdu deċiżjoni differenti dwar dawn l-utenti inattivi li għandhom xi drittijiet jew diġà għandkom proċedura u aħna ma nafux biha, infurmaw l-istewards fuq Meta-Wiki biex inkunu nafu kif nipproċedu bir-reviżjoni tad-drittijiet fuq il-wiki tagħkom. Rschen7754 06:11, 15 Jannar 2015 (UTC)
[Global proposal] m.Wikipedija.org: (kollha) Jimmodifika paġni[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Hi, this message is to let you know that, on domains like mt.m.wikipedia.org, unregistered users cannot edit. At the Wikimedia Forum, where global configuration changes are normally discussed, a few dozens users propose to restore normal editing permissions on all mobile sites. Please read and comment!
Thanks and sorry for writing in English, Nemo 22:32, 1 Marzu 2015 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2015)[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Apologies for writing in English, please help translate this into your local language. Hello Wikimedians!
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Project MUSE — humanities and social science books and journals
- DynaMed — clinical reference tool for medical topics
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society — pharmaceutical information and practice resources
- Women Writers Online — a digital humanities database focused on women's literature
- Newspapers.com — American newspapers database w/ Open Access opportunities (expansion of accounts)
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 21:14, 2 Marzu 2015 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content[editja | immodifika s-sors]
This March, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas for improving gender diversity on Wikimedia projects. Less than 20% of Wikimedia contributors are women, and many important topics are still missing in our content. We invite all Wikimedians to participate. If you have an idea that could help address this problem, please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 31.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive, positive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign and help this project better represent the world’s knowledge!
Feedback request: VisualEditor's special character inserter[editja | immodifika s-sors]
I apologize for writing in English. Please translate this message so that all of your editors can read it. Thank you!
Hi everybody, my name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm writing to you because the Editing team at WMF wants to know what you think about VisualEditor and its new Karattru speċjali tool. This change will affect all users on about 50 Wikipedias, including your Wikipedia. Many editors at these Wikipedias need a special character tool to be able to write articles correctly, which is why we are asking you now.
The new special character inserter tool is available in VisualEditor now. Admins at your wiki can change the contents by following the directions at mediawiki.org.
To test the Karattru speċjali tool, please:
- Opt-in to VisualEditor by going to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures and choosing "VisualEditor". Save your preferences.
- Edit any article or your user page in VisualEditor by clicking on the new "Editja" tab at the top of the page. See the mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide for information on how to use VisualEditor.
- Please post your comments and the language(s) that you tested at the feedback thread on Mediawiki.org. The developers would like to know what you think about this new design. It is important that they hear from as many editors as possible. You may leave your comments in any language.
When the special character tool has been refined a little more based on your thoughts, we will offer VisualEditor by default to all editors at this wiki. If you want to help prepare, please read the advice on mediawiki.org.
SUL finalization update[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Hi all,apologies for writing in English, please read this page for important information and an update involving SUL finalization, scheduled to take place in one month. Thanks. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:45, 13 Marzu 2015 (UTC)
VisualEditor coming to this wiki[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. I would be grateful if you can translate this message!
VisualEditor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia on Monday, March 30th. VisualEditor is software that allows people to edit articles without needing to learn wikitext code (like typing [[ to start a link). You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test VisualEditor right now. To turn it on, select "Beta" in your preferences. Choose "VisualEditor" and click save.
Now, when you press the "Editja" button to edit an article, you will get the new VisualEditor software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "Immodifika s-sors". (After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either VisualEditor or the current wikitext editor.) For more information about how to use VisualEditor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for VisualEditor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData instructions to them.
- Please help translate the pages about VisualEditor here and on MediaWiki.org, and its user interface. See VisualEditor TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "Ittraduċi din il-paġna". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- We need your help to improve the software! Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page. If it's an emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), reach out to James Forrester, the Product Manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
VisualEditor now active here[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Hello again (and again, apologies for using English on this page. Please do translate my message, if you can!).
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has VisualEditor (VisualEditor or "VE") enabled for all users. There are now two tabs for editing: "Editja" and "Immodifika s-sors". Click "Editja" to use VisualEditor. Click "Immodifika s-sors" to edit using wikitext markup.
All edits using VisualEditor will be tagged with "Tag:VisualEditor" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for VisualEditor, click on the "(?)" icon in VisualEditor's toolbar. If you wish to disable VisualEditor, this can be done under "Editing" in your preferences.
Please report any software "bugs" or errors you find at MediaWiki’s VisualEditor Feedback page. Translations for the user interface and its help guide are still needed: you can learn how to support your community with this and other tasks at this instructions page. Please contact me if you need further help though. Happy editing, User:Elitre (WMF) (talk) 15:09, 30 Marzu 2015 (UTC)
Stewards confirmation rules[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Hello, I made a proposal on Meta to change the rules for the steward confirmations. Currently consensus to remove is required for a steward to lose his status, however I think it's fairer to the community if every steward needed the consensus to keep. As this is an issue that affects all WMF wikis, I'm sending this notification to let people know & be able to participate. Best regards, --MF-W 16:13, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
VisualEditor News #2—2015[editja | immodifika s-sors]
19:48, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.
This year, elections are being held for the following roles:
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.
Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.
The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.
Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at- wikimedia.org
Voting has begun for eligible voters in the 2015 elections for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson. Questions and discussion with the candidates for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson will continue during the voting. Nominations for the Board of Trustees will be accepted until 23:59 UTC May 5.
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions on the committee being filled.
The FDC Ombudsperson receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled.
The voting phase lasts from 00:00 UTC May 3 to 23:59 UTC May 10. Click here to vote. Questions and discussion with the candidates will continue during that time. Click here to ask the FDC candidates a question. Click here to ask the FDC Ombudsperson candidates a question. More information on the candidates and the elections can be found on the 2015 FDC election page, the 2015 FDC Ombudsperson election page, and the 2015 Board election page on Meta-Wiki.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2015)[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Apologies for writing in English, please help translate this into your local language. Hello Wikimedians!
Today The Wikipedia Library announces signups for more free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- MIT Press Journals — scholarly journals in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences (200 accounts)
- Loeb Classical Library — Harvard University Press versions of Classical Greek and Latin literature with commentary and annotation (25 accounts)
- RIPM — music periodicals published between 1760 and 1966 (20 accounts)
- Sage Stats — social science data for geographies within the United States (10 accounts)
- HeinOnline — an extensive legal research database, including 2000 law-related journals as well as international legal history materials (25 accounts)
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, JSTOR, DeGruyter, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 22:12, 4 Mejju 2015 (UTC)
Content Translation beta-feature is now available[editja | immodifika s-sors]
Hello, Content Translation has now been enabled as an opt-in beta feature on this Wikipedia. To start translating, enable the beta feature and go to Special:ContentTranslation or to your contributions page and create a new translation by selecting the source language, the article name and target language. If the article already exists then a warning will be displayed. After you translate the article, you can publish it directly as a new page on the Wikipedia. In case the article gets created by another user while you were translating, you will see an option to save the newly published translation under your user namespace. The number of published pages can be seen on the Content Translation stats page.
Since, this is the first time we have installed the tool on this Wikipedia, there are chances that there may be some problems or service disruptions which we are not yet aware of. We will be monitoring the usage to check for any failures or issues, but please do let us know on the Content Translation talk page or through Phabricator if you spot any problems that prevent you from using the tool. For more information, please read about how to use the tool. You can also view a short screencast on how to use Content Translation. My apologies for writing this announcement only in English. Please feel free to translate this message for wider distribution. Thank you. --Runa Bhattacharjee
Message sent using m:Global_message_delivery
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is the ultimate governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the United States. The Wikimedia Foundation manages many diverse projects such as Wikipedia and Commons.